-
September 4th, 2002, 05:23 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Maybe shoot that specific scene in colour, and then you can use the green screen. And then in post production, make it black and white.
Jeffery
-
September 4th, 2002, 02:27 PM
#2
Inactive Member
There's a thread on this effect at the Post Production forum:
http://www.postproductionforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=284
Unfortunately, I'm too raw myself to have any terrific insights about #1 or #2.
-
September 4th, 2002, 03:26 PM
#3
Inactive Member
First off, I would like to say how much I enjoy this forum. I have been a lurker for some time now, trying to beef up my knowledge of the super 8 format. Thanks for all the valuable information. Now that I have a little money, I'm ready to shoot. I have some questions for anyone willing to help out.
1. I am planning on shooting my film using BW tri-x. Does florescent lighting affect bw film at all in comparison to outdoor lighting?
2. Because I only have a tape recorder and my camera is quite loud, I'm gonna have to do my sound separate and sync it up in editing. Has anyone had any experience shooting this way? I've tried to limit the dialogue, and storyboard in a way that will prevent syncing problems. Is there anything in particular that you guys can recommend that have shot this way?.
3.I have one scene where a character is sitting in a car at dusk. I want to show the passage of time by speeding up the sunset in the background WHILE the character remains in normal time. Wong Kar Wai does this a lot. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I will be editing on computer, but my camera only shoots at 18fps, I think.Thanks in advance.
-
September 4th, 2002, 03:40 PM
#4
Inactive Member
As far as the effect where time passes quickly, but the character is in real time, you could shoot your super 8 of the background maybe a frame every 30 seconds, to give it that speeded up look...or if you cant do single frame, squeeze the trigger to expose a few seconds every min, then edit to taste on the computer...as far as the character being in real time, if your editing system allows for transparency, you could try shooting the subject in the car in front of a green screen at home...try and match up the lighting of the time lapse background and the person as close as you can...since it's at dusk, this may help hide an imperfect matte...then combine the 2 elements. Not easy, but that's what makes it fun...making it a challenge! Mike
-
September 4th, 2002, 03:42 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Oops, you are shooting in b/w...not sure what color screen you would use for a matte effect with b/w.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks